Following all the signs from nature, we’re reminded of the opportunity to start fresh everyday.
This time of year it gets darker and colder. There are holiday celebrations and a new year is coming. All of this can lead us to a new beginnings and intentions. Having an opportunity to make a fresh start is exciting and maybe little anxious.
When we have a lot of things pulling at us – especially this time of year – it’s important to find a moment, or several little moments, to bring ourselves back to center.
The Winter Solstice is the time of ending and beginning, a powerful time — a time to contemplate your immortality. A time to forgive, to be forgiven, and to make a fresh start. A time to awaken. Frederick Lenz
Ideas to help us start fresh or reset, on a daily or regular basis, can include:
- setting a reminder on your phone to stand and focus on your breath
- have a cushion in your office to sit on between appointments or meetings
- set a corner in your home to unplug and sit
- if you’re driving and come to red light, take in a few deep breaths
- where ever you are come back to your breath
- write down a do-able intention
painting by Diane Wright – https://www.instagram.com/sunjourneystudio/